[kaffe] Re: Next development release planning - 1.1.5

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Mon Apr 5 02:48:03 PDT 2004

In <406DD665.2090004 at kaffe.org> Jim Pick  wrote:
> How about if we do a feature freeze in three weeks, on Sunday, April
> 25th, to be followed by an actual release on Sunday, May 2nd?

I'm ok with a feature freeze on the 25th and releasing the 2nd, but if
kaffe fails to compile or fails a too big number of regressions  on the
majority of my testing platforms... I'd delay it further. Releasing 1.1.
4 with some bugs fixed a few days later was a bit stupid IMHO.

I'd leave out critical systems that aren't working since a long time ago
like NetBSD/68k. Of course it is a plus if they work or can be made work
with little effort.

But I would keep an eye on Solaris (worked last time I checked), NetBSD
and OpenBSD on SPARC 32 and HP-UX.

If course MkLinux/PPC and DarwinOS/PPC would be nice too, but since the
above mentioned platforms are known to "work" or "almost work" usually.

Just my 2 cent.