[kaffe] configure/libtool problems on darwin

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Apr 6 09:34:02 PDT 2004

Riccardo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since the latest update of the configure/libtool system of kaffe,
> building stubbornly requests autoconf 2.58:
>
> Making all in libltdl
> cd ../../kaffe/libltdl && /bin/sh /Users/multix/kaffe-cvs/kaffe/libltdl/
> missing --run autoheader
> configure.ac:53: error: Autoconf version 2.58 or higher is required for
> this script
> /aclocal.m4:524: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is expanded from...
> configure.ac:53: the top level
> autoconf: tracing failed
>

> This doesn't happen on other systems. I tried a clean check-out, I tried
> configuring w/o cache, touching libltdl/configure
>
> No idea.
>
> We discussed the matter on IRC, but without being able to solve it.

Yep. I've got no idea why missing gets run there at all. I have built
the thing on my i386-linux system with am 1.4 and ac 2.13 without
problems, so I assume it's one of those arcane wisdom mysteries of
autotools :)

Jim, I think you magically fixed something like this before, right? Any
idea what could help?