[kaffe] kaffe 1.1.3 on Darwin 6.8 fails

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Sun Apr 18 13:58:02 PDT 2004


I tried to compile kaffe 1.1.3 form the .tar.gz since that is the 
version from darwinports.

140 of 144 tests failed
Please report to kaffe at kaffe.org

and looking... compiling just doesn't work:
java.lang.ClassFormatError: truncated class
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0 (ClassLoader.java)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass (ClassLoader.java:179)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass (SecureClassLoader.
   at kaffe.lang.AppClassLoader$JarSource.findClass (AppClassLoader.java:
   at kaffe.lang.AppClassLoader.findClass (AppClassLoader.java:291)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:142)

I hvae only one suspect, but it may be a false alarm. After 
decompressing .tar.gz I found one @LongLink file, this means that with 
one file gnu tar made a mess. It is a single case, it would be really 
bad luck. I have BSD tar and I would start advising to use BSD tar for 
kaffe distribution instead of buggy GNU crap. In any case, the guys at 
darwinports.. have BSD tar too!!!


More information about the kaffe mailing list