[kaffe] Re: Re: Last Time Kaffe Worked on Darwin/OS X

Michael Franz developer.franz at verizon.net
Sat Apr 24 08:16:02 PDT 2004

It compiles on 10.2.8 with the same changes plus selecting gcc2 instead
of 3, however it fails all but 9 tests.
> This is very good. We know that 1.0.7 did work on 10.1, 1.0.7 fails to
> link on 10.2, so maybe if it did it would work.
>
>> What would be the proper way of fixing this?  Is the GMP library
>> necessary for version 1.0.7?
> configure with --enable-pure-java-math
> this will you give slower performance of course, but is a nice solution
> until further things are fixed
I don't think that option is valid in version 1.0.7, at least in the
configuration script.  I have tried that and it made no difference.

The lack of GMP would explain why a math test takes 48 seconds with
Apple's JDK and 18 minutes in Kaffe.

Michael