[kaffe] porting javax.sound on XScale Linux

asutosh gopinath asutosh.gopinath at lycos.com
Mon Aug 2 21:20:56 PDT 2004

Hi,
I tried to build alsa for kaffe to use it on my xscale linux. i get following warning while configuring alsa-lib-1.0.4

pcm_dmix.c:221:2: warning: #warning Please, recode mix_areas1() routine to your
architecture...
pcm_dmix.c:253:2: warning: #warning Please, recode mix_areas2() routine to your
architecture...
:

If I ignore this then kaffe fails to make. How do i recode mix_areas1().

Has anyone attempted sound using alsa on xscale ARM?

Does kaffe javax.sound support any other sound driver?

Regards
Asutosh