[kaffe] Re: About port

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Sun Aug 15 02:04:19 PDT 2004

In <292213597.23508 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> ³ÌÃ÷  wrote:
> Dear Members:
> How are you?
I myself am well on, I can't speak for others.

> I am a student of Tsinghua University. Our school developed a CPU
> called THUMP. It is a 32-bit RISC CPU, partly compatiable with MIPS.
well, kaffe runs (mostly) on mips 32bit and mips 64bit. Also the R5900
is somehow supported.
Both IRIX and Linux are known to (at least almost) work.

> And we developed an operating system on the architecture called TUES,
> which is ported from Linux. I want to port kaffe on the system. Can
> you give me some advice? Thanks a lot. Have a nice day. Cheng Ming
Besides reading the FAQs on the site and inform yourself about the kaffe
structure.

The you might start a port with the Interpreter, which is easier to get
working since it is less architecture dependent. Also using jthreads
instead of pthreads might help you. And you could of course use the
current MIPS port as reference

-Riccardo