[kaffe] java exception

Sze Huat tillug79 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 18:58:19 PDT 2004

 --- Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org> wrote:
> Sze Huat wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i've installed kaffe (1.1.3-1) on familiar linux running opie 1.0.3
> > on a compaq ipaq handheld
> >
> > problem:
> > when i try to run a particular jar file,
> >
> > java -cp wajei.jar WaJEi
> >
> > i get:
> >
> > Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
> > Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
> > java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError: libawt: not found Adding its
> directory
> > to LD_LIBRARY_PATH may help.....
> >
> > i'm really a baby in java
>
> Hi Sze,
>
> the application you want to run needs AWT, but kaffe can not find
> libawt. Please make sure libawt is in
> /path-where-kaffe-is-installed/jre/lib/cpu-architecture/
>
> cheers,
> dalibor topic

hi Dalibor,

i found my kaffe files are installed as:

Package kaffe (1.1.3-1) is installed on root and has the following
files:
/usr/jre/lib/rt.jar
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libmanagement-1.1.3.so
/usr/jre/bin/kaffe
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libkaffevm-1.1.3.so
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libzip.la
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libio-1.1.3.so
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libnio-1.1.3.so
/usr/bin/kaffe
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libnative-1.1.3.so
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libio.so
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libnet.la
/usr/bin/rmic
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libawt-1.1.3.so
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libzip-1.1.3.so
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libkaffevm.la
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libzip.so
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libnio.la
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libsecurity-1.1.3.so
/usr/jre/bin/java
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libmanagement.la
/usr/bin/jar
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libio.la
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libsecurity.so
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libsecurity.la
/usr/bin/install-jar
/usr/bin/appletviewer
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libkaffevm.so
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libnet.so
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libawt.la
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libmanagement.so
/usr/jre/bin/kaffe-bin
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libnet-1.1.3.so
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libnio.so
/usr/bin/rmiregistry
/usr/jre/lib/security/java.security
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libnative.la
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libnative.so
/usr/bin/java
/usr/jre/bin/rmiregistry
/usr/jre/lib/arm/libawt.so

an 'env' lists the environment variables:

USER=root
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:/usr/X11R6/lib:/opt/QtPalmtop/lib:/usr/jre/lib/arm
OLDPWD=/root
HOME=/root
QTDIR=/opt/QtPalmtop
VISUAL=ae
LOGNAME=root
TERM=xterm
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/opt/QtPalmtop/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/jre/lib/arm
DISPLAY=:0.0
SHELL=/bin/sh
PWD=/home/QtPalmtop/java
EDITOR=ae

it seems that '/usr/jre/lib/arm/' is listed in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
variable, but i stil get the 'java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError: libawt:
not found' error

the full error is:

/opt/QtPalmtop/java # java -cp HelloWorld.jar HelloWorld
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError: libawt: not found
Adding its directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH may help.
        at java.lang.VMThrowable.fillInStackTrace(VMThrowable.java:76)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Throwable.java:492)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:161)
        at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:81)
        at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:72)
        at
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError.<init>(UnsatisfiedLinkError.java:72)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:170)
        at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:110)
SIGABRT

many thanks.

regards,
sze huat