[kaffe] java exception

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Aug 18 11:37:37 PDT 2004

Sze Huat wrote:

> it seems that '/usr/jre/lib/arm/' is listed in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> variable, but i stil get the 'java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError: libawt:
> not found' error
>
> the full error is:
>
> /opt/QtPalmtop/java # java -cp HelloWorld.jar HelloWorld
> Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
> Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
> java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError: libawt: not found
> Adding its directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH may help.
>         at java.lang.VMThrowable.fillInStackTrace(VMThrowable.java:76)
>         at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Throwable.java:492)
>         at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:161)
>         at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:81)
>         at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:72)
>         at
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError.<init>(UnsatisfiedLinkError.java:72)
>         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:170)
>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:123)
>         at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:110)
> SIGABRT

Hi Sze,

thanks for the updated bug report. You could try running kaffe under
gdb, if gdb is available on your platform. See FAQ.debugging [1] for
details on how to do that. The method you should try to put a break
point on is called loadNativeLibrary in file kaffe/kaffevm.external.c.

On a side note: if you are interested in debugging the problem, I'd
recommend getting in touch with the opie packager of kaffe, and
reporting the bug there first. He may be able to assist you better, in
case that it's an opie specific problem. He may also be able to instruct
you how to rebuild kaffe for opie with extra debugging options, for example.

[1] http://www.kaffe.org/doc/kaffe/FAQ.debugging