[kaffe] Using Kaffe with remote debugging via Eclipse

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat Aug 21 08:53:36 PDT 2004

Derek Davies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's bad news and good news.  The bad news is that my most recent
> backup of kaffe JVMDI work (~2001) gets I/O errors when I try to read
> it.  It's shrimp toast.  The good news is that at least I was able to
> read the second most recent backup I have (~2000) and that has some
> stuff done against 1.0.5 .
>
> I don't think I have the 1.0.6 stuff I did anywhere.  I do remember
> that I had run into problems that made me redo a lot of stuff...
>
> Best of luck and thanks for trying to revive this.  It brings back
> good memories!

thanks a lot for posting the patch!

Grzegorz from SableVM spotted that some parts of the patch have rather
weird, non-commercial use only licenses (the dumpclass utility). Looking
though the code, it does not seem to be utilized anywhere, so I guess we
can safely drop that part.

again, thanks a lot for posting, it looks like fun ;)