[kaffe] Using Kaffe with remote debugging via Eclipse

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Sat Aug 21 09:19:32 PDT 2004

Dalibor Topic wrote:

> Derek Davies wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There's bad news and good news.  The bad news is that my most recent
>> backup of kaffe JVMDI work (~2001) gets I/O errors when I try to read
>> it.  It's shrimp toast.  The good news is that at least I was able to
>> read the second most recent backup I have (~2000) and that has some
>> stuff done against 1.0.5 .
>>
>> I don't think I have the 1.0.6 stuff I did anywhere.  I do remember
>> that I had run into problems that made me redo a lot of stuff...
>>
>> Best of luck and thanks for trying to revive this.  It brings back
>> good memories!
>

> thanks a lot for posting the patch!
>
> Grzegorz from SableVM spotted that some parts of the patch have rather
> weird, non-commercial use only licenses (the dumpclass utility).
> Looking though the code, it does not seem to be utilized anywhere, so
> I guess we can safely drop that part.
>
> again, thanks a lot for posting, it looks like fun ;)
>
> cheers,
> dalibor topic

The patch looks interesting. However, I would like we put the
register/startup thing in kaffevm/jni instead. I'd like to keep a
kaffevm starter as slim as possible ;) (and we'll have to make it slimer
again).

So, Dalibor, if you want to merge that patch maybe you could add the new
functions directly in kaffevm/jni/[something]...

Cheers,

Guilhem.