[kaffe] doubt in JNI

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Mon Dec 13 09:32:24 PST 2004

> cd /home/kcheeta/kaffe/libltdl && /bin/sh
> /home/kcheeta/kaffe/libltdl/missing --run autoheader
> configure.ac:53: error: Autoconf version 2.58 or higher is required
> aclocal.m4:525: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is expanded from...
> configure.ac:53: the top level
> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
> autoheader: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1

Hi,

This error is common because of some problem with tracking dates with
CVS. The GNU make program thinks it should rebuild the makefile but
cannot because you do not have a sufficiently new version. The solution
is to use "touch" to update the date for the following files:
libltdl/config-h.in, libltdl/configure, libltdl/Makefile.in (I do not
think to have forgotten one but in case there is another problem just
send me the new log). This problem is completely caused by the structure
of CVS which does not store the dates. :(

Regards,

Guilhem Lavaux.