[kaffe] Kaffe on NSLU2

Sam sam at polkadotninja.com
Sun Dec 19 18:35:36 PST 2004

Hi,

I've been trying to get Kaffe running on a Linksys Network Storage Link
(www.nslu2-linux.org), a Intel IXP420 Network Processor based device.  I managed
to compile Kaffe with minimal changes (used --host=arm-linux and removed one
'##' from jthread.c to avoid a preprocessor error).

But, it doesn't seem to run.  Anytime I run java or javac, the following error
occurs:

  ~ $ /usr/local/kaffe/bin/java ./test.class
  Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
  Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
  java/lang/NullPointerException
          at java.io.File.<clinit>(File.java:33)
  Aborted

Any hints on how to approaching fixing this would be much appreciated.

 -- Sam