[kaffe] make check results report

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Tue Feb 10 14:47:02 PST 2004

>>>>> ":" == Ito Kazumitsu <kaz at maczuka.gcd.org> writes:

:> :> Today's "make check" showed:
:> :> ================================
:> :> 2 of 144 tests failed
:> :> Please report to kaffe at kaffe.org
:> :> ================================
:> :> Tests that failed are:
:> :> FAIL: TestSerialVersions.java
:> :> FAIL: TestSerialFields.java
:>
:> My last patch to libraries/javalib/java/io/ObjectInputStream.java
:> will solve the problem, at least of TestSerialFields.java.

The effect of the patch was "at least" and TestSerialVersions.java
still fails.  But at least ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException disappeared
from the results of TestSerialVersions.java.

By the way, with Sun's JDK, the output of TestSerialVersions.java
looks completely different:

Generating canonical stream
  Serializing TestSerialVersions$Test0001
    Serialization exception: java.lang.IllegalAccessException
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at TestSerialVersions.checkClass(TestSerialVersions.java:370)
	at TestSerialVersions.main(TestSerialVersions.java:399)
Exception in thread "main"

I do not know which is the right output.