[kaffe] make check results report

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Thu Feb 19 04:51:02 PST 2004

Ito Kazumitsu wrote:

>:> :> Today's "make check" showed:
>:> :> ================================
>:> :> 2 of 144 tests failed
>:> :> Please report to kaffe at kaffe.org
>:> :> ================================
>:> :> Tests that failed are:
>:> :> FAIL: TestSerialVersions.java
>:> :> FAIL: TestSerialFields.java
>:>
>:> My last patch to libraries/javalib/java/io/ObjectInputStream.java
>:> will solve the problem, at least of TestSerialFields.java.
>
>The effect of the patch was "at least" and TestSerialVersions.java
>still fails.  But at least ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException disappeared
>from the results of TestSerialVersions.java.
>
>By the way, with Sun's JDK, the output of TestSerialVersions.java
>looks completely different:
>
>Generating canonical stream
>  Serializing TestSerialVersions$Test0001
>    Serialization exception: java.lang.IllegalAccessException
>java.lang.NullPointerException
>	at TestSerialVersions.checkClass(TestSerialVersions.java:370)
>	at TestSerialVersions.main(TestSerialVersions.java:399)
>Exception in thread "main"
>
>I do not know which is the right output.

Hi !

Sorry not to have answered sooner. Both expected output and Sun's output
are right. The only difference is that sun is checking carefully the
authorization using java policy and kaffe is not. I've seen that
apparently some gcj's developers broke the tests (but actually he/she
was not aware of as it is not in mauve). I'll fix that asap.

Cheers,
Guilhem.