[kaffe] [ClassToInterface.class] Segmentation fault

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Jan 4 07:25:03 PST 2004

Hi Brian,

C. Brian Jones wrote:
> Wanted to test serialization using kaffe 1.1.3 but make fails as
> reported here,
> http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2004-January/044814.html.  I think
> a fix might be in CVS, but unsure of whether to try building from CVS...
> let me know (I'm not on the mailing list).

No fix in CVS yet, afaik. Fedora Core 1 seems to be doing something
nasty that breaks our jitters [1]. I've tried to debug it but the Fedora
Core 1 gdb seems to be broken [2] so I didn't get too far.

So until a brave Fedora Core using developer manages to fix the jitter,
you'll have to use the interpreter. Configure kaffe with
--with-engine=intrp on your ./configure line, and it should build fine.

In any case, the current CVS has seen further improvements in
serialization from Guilhem, so you may want to try it out anyway.

[1] Or it's a bug in kaffe's jitters that only shows up on Fedora Core
1, of all i368-linux distributions ;)
[2] It failed to show me useable backtraces of anything, since it
coudn't find the source code, or something like that, as far as I
remember. A lot of other things seem to be broken in Fedora Core 1, but
going into it would be a long pointless rant that doesn't belong on the
kaffe mailing list.