[kaffe] Re: KJC bug preventing Ant 1.6.0 bootstrap

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Tue Jan 6 07:09:02 PST 2004

Hi,

>>>>> ":" == Guilhem Lavaux <guilhem.lavaux at free.fr> writes:

:> The error is caused by the second static initializer checking (patch
:> sent by Ito Kazumitsu):
:> "Added kaffe-extras/patches/kjc-main-checkInitializers.diff.
:> This is to prevent some constant fields from being left unset."
:>
:> As I've already said, this second checking causes a confusion with
:> updated variables in KJC. I bet we should remove it and replace with
:> another one. Once I have some time free I'll dig into it another time.

I agreee to remove kaffe-extras/patches/kjc-main-checkInitializers.diff.

When I made this patch, I was not fully coscious of its
side effects.

As far as I know, some files of HSQLDB cannot be compiled with kaffe
without this patch.  But this is a small problem that can somehow be
avoided.