[kaffe] Re: [Jessie-discuss] 0.9.6

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Jan 11 13:48:02 PST 2004

Hi Casey,

happy new year!

Casey Marshall wrote:

> I've made the 0.9.6 release of Jessie available for download.
>
> There are minor changes from 0.9.5, the most significant being:
>
>    * ZLIB compression implemented and working.
>
>    * The internal Diffie-Hellman key exchange has been removed in
>      favor of GNU Crypto's implementation.
>
>    * Minor fixes to the JSSE API, to conform with Sun's
>      implementation.

Thanks a lot, I've updated kaffe's CVS javax.net and javax.security
accordingly.

> The MD5 sums of these releases are:
>
>    564512fb3772f63762285b96e3e500e9  jessie-0.9.6.tar.gz
>    89b5d347bd4543201d0770918b3debb8  jessie-0.9.6.zip
>
> Also of interest is the PKI implementation I am working on, which is
> in Jessie's CVS repository under the module 'pki'. You can get this
> package by using:
>
>    cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs at savannah.nongnu.org:/cvsroot/jessie co pki

Is that the PKI module that's going to be part of java crypto one day?
Would it make sense to merge this into kaffe as well?

I also seem to remember that you had done some work on implementing a
policy file parser? What's the status of that work?