[kaffe] Javamail for Kaffe

Doug Porter dougporter at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 18 14:38:02 PST 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:07:00 +0100, "Arnaud Vandyck"
<arnaud.vandyck at ulg.ac.be> said:

> I think javamail api is an external api
> and has never been shipped with kaffe.

Right, there's no javamail shipped with kaffe. That's what we're trying
to fix.

> > Even the required Java Activation Framework is
> > included.
>
> Which one? Also the one from gnu-classpathx?

Yes, with a bug fix or two. My memory is that classpathx JAF was almost
flawless.

> Why didn't you fill bug reports or send patches?.. Maybe I missed them?

Apparently you missed them. Please see the classpathx javamail mail
archives from September 2003.

> Also, note that the license for gnu-javamail is:
> GNU Lesser General Public

Did you actually just say that we have to call the lgpl license the "GNU
lgpl"? I must have misunderstood. ;)

BTW, their license was changed to the much more restrictive
GPL-with-exception. Tiger JMail uses the lgpl.

Arnaud, if you really need to continue this, please take it off the kaffe
list.

Doug
--
  Doug Porter