[kaffe] Re: bugwatcher problems

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 10:10:03 PST 2004

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp.org> writes:

Mark> The Debian kaffe package is compiled with unix-jthreads, but gtk
Mark> (java-gnome) needs pthread support. When you recompile kaffe configured
Mark> --with-threads=unix-pthreads then you can play with bugwatcher like you
Mark> can with gij. (Thread system unix-pthread is also needed to run e.g.
Mark> Eclipse with swt/gtk bindings).

In Classpath, I believe we've set up the Gtk AWT peers to work with
any thread system, by having the Gtk thread code ultimately (via JNI)
use Java locks.  It seems to me that both Java-Gnome and SWT could
also use this same technique.  Wouldn't that fix this problem?

Tom