[kaffe] Re: bugwatcher problems

Ean Schuessler ean at brainfood.com
Tue Jan 27 13:48:02 PST 2004

As I recall (Dalibor will need to correct me here) forking a process with
pthreads just plain doesn't work. The details escape me at this point other
than the complexities of managing the relationship between the thread and the
forked process hadn't really been worked out. Of course, this is going back
to when I talked to Tim Wilkinson about the problem. For all I know, its
fixed.

Is it fixed? If not, enabling pthreads will break many, many Ant builds.

On Thursday 22 January 2004 15:48, Timothy Stack wrote:
> > > On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 12:32, Mark Howard wrote:
> > >
> > > The Debian kaffe package is compiled with unix-jthreads, but gtk
> > > (java-gnome) needs pthread support. When you recompile kaffe
> > > configured
 --with-threads=unix-pthreads then you can play with
> > > bugwatcher like you can with gij. (Thread system unix-pthread is also
> > > needed to run e.g. Eclipse with swt/gtk bindings).
> > >
> > > What do the kaffe developers think. Should kaffe default to pthreads
> > > on
 systems that support it?

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO