[kaffe] certain system properties

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Thu Jul 8 15:45:46 PDT 2004

Hello,
I just tested kaffe for the first time and wondered about the values of
some system properties. I am running kaffe on a x86-compatible machine
(Athlon XP) on GNU/Linux with LANG=de_DE at euro.

here is what I found odd:
property "os.arch" is i686 although I expected i386.
property "os.name" is "Linux". Ok I might be picky but I am certainly
running not only a kernel on my machine. Thats why expected "GNU/Linux"
(uname -o).
property "file.encoding" is "Default" and I expected some real
identifier like ISO-8895-15 or UTF-8.

btw: BeanShell in console mode (non-Swing) ran fine :)

cu
Robert Schuster