[kaffe] Plans (updated)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Jul 29 09:34:06 PDT 2004

Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are my updated plans, in order of priority:

time for me to update my plans, too ;)

I'm finishing the switch to automake 1.9. Automake 1.9 has the catch
that it will not generate Makefile.in files in case there is an issue
with the Makefile.am file, which means I'll have to work around the -pg
CFLAGS issue for profiling vs. xprofiling.

Then I'll be having some fun trying to get rid of kaffeh. I'd like to
rip it out, have the generated header files in the CVS, and replace
kaffeh with javah from cp-tools project.

And then, I'd like to address the remaining BSD make build problems.

Finally, it would be nice to switch to a non-recursive build,
eventually. Michael Koch did that for GNU Classpath, yesterday, and
reported a success, slimming the build times down. That would allow us
to get rid of most of the Makefile.in and Makefile.am files, and to
express build dependencies (clib on jni headers, jni headers on class
files, class files on java files) in a more straight forward way.