[kaffe] patch for kaffe1.0.7jit3 code runing on MIPS

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Jul 6 14:44:11 PDT 2004

Hi Yoshiharu,

thank you very much for your patch! Could you post a changelog entry,
describing the changes in each file, as well? That would make the review
much easier :)

As for libffi patches, you may want to check out the latest gcc sources,
and send your patch to gcc developers for inclusion into libffi.

Yoshiharu Oba wrote:
> Hi,all
>
> I happy to say, I solved the few error in the MIPS series on the JIT3.
> The MIPS architecture machine code was generated by JIT3,
> It has a following errors, I thought.
>
> 1. Can't trace the exception inside the NATIVE or INTERFACE handling code.
> 2. Can't catch the signal as well.
> 3. o32-sysdepCallMethod not work as well,
> 4. Can't handling for the double type. ( PlayStation2 Only)
>
> reffer to the following URL
> http://www.kk.iij4u.or.jp/~obajus/kaffee.html

The regression test results were obtained with jit3? That would be very
nice.

> patch is here
> http://www.kk.iij4u.or.jp/~obajus/kaffe-1.0.7-for-ps2.patch
> http://www.kk.iij4u.or.jp/~obajus/libffi-1.20-mips-ps2linux.patch

Thanks! One more question: have you looked at Sun's code, decompiled it,
  or signed an NDA that would prevent you from contributing the code to
kaffe? I have to ask :)