[kaffe] patch for kaffe1.0.7jit3 code runing on MIPS

Yoshiharu Oba ooba at gk.avkk.yamaha.co.jp
Wed Jul 7 00:34:16 PDT 2004

Hi Dalibor

I appreciate your advice very much. Now I'm writing a changelog and
remake a new patch, It's also included.

Wed Jul 07 11:00:00 JST 2004  Yoshiharu Oba <ooba at ps2.1ba.co.jp>

       * config/mips/common.h: Defined the PS2LINUX macro and undefine
       the MIPSII instructions macro. the COMPARE_AND_EXCHANGE macro that is
       imported same macro from KAFFE-1.1.4.
       * config/mips/jit.h: Add current stackpointer register into
       the structure of exception frame.
       * config/mips/threads.h:Align FP_OFFSET and SP_OFFSET macro with linux
       * config/mips/linux/md.h: Align FP_OFFSET, EXCEPTIONPROTO macro with linux
       * config/mips/mips.c:Fetch the return address from the stackpointer
       that is under certain instruction. (What reason, the exception frame is
       built on the stackpointer when exception occurs in INTERFACE class.
       In this case, Walk backwards process uses the stackpointer
       instead of the framepointer )

       * config/mips/jit3-icode.h: Undefine the double types instruction.
       Only the PlayStation2, Although it has FPU, since only double type
       instructions does not have.
       * kaffe/kaffevm/jit3/icode.c: Its on the same reason.
       * config/mips/jit3-mips.def: Bug fixes, How to use of floating point
       register was corrected.
       * configure: Add sgidefs.h
       * kaffe/kaffevm/debug.c: For cleaning linker error

Dalibor Topic wrote:
>Thanks! One more question: have you looked at Sun's code, decompiled it,
>  or signed an NDA that would prevent you from contributing the code to
>kaffe? I have to ask :)

I have not looked at Sun's code. Certainlly I have not decompiled it and
have not signed such documents.

The more and more prosperity is expected.

Regards,
Yoshiharu oba