[kaffe] Suspicious changes

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Jul 9 08:47:49 PDT 2004

Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> While tracking down my regressions on x86_64, I came accross the
>> following (unrelated) problem:
>

> Turns out to be related, I realized that when I bothered looking at
> Hashtable.java:264 as mentioned in the trace and noticed loadFactor was
> a "float". ;-)
>
>> 2004-03-24  Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org>
>>
>>         * kaffe/kaffevm/support.c,
>>         libraries/clib/net/PlainSocketImpl.c:
>>         Fixed remaining 'foo' is not defined warnings.
>

> I have locally reverted this one and now only 1/144 tests fail:
> FAIL: TestSerializable2.java

Yay, same blunder as the previous one. As in the other case, the usage
of  PROMOTE_jfloat2double relied on #if 'undefined something' being
evaluated to 0. Addiotionally, No_HOLES is now used in a #if
defined(NO_HOLES) and #if !NO_HOLES. Ouch. I'll fix it as the GNU coding
standard recommends asap.

> BTW, I generally build stuff with -Wall only and I catch quite a lot of
> 64-bit bugs that way already in other packages. So, having so many
> warning options is probably too flooding in my opinion and my eyes. ;-)

make CFLAGS=-Wall ;) Gives me 59 warnings with gcc 3.4.0 cross-compiling
for i686.

You ain't seem nothing yet till you see the flood from jikes 1.21 on the
class library ;)