[kaffe] Fixing mipsel-linux: differences between jit3 and jit1

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Fri Jul 9 04:01:45 PDT 2004

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21:04:41 +0200
Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org> wrote:

Hi,

> I've been trying to fix the build on mipsel-linux. It uses jit3. I've
> got the LOUT build problem sorted out, the syntax of LOUT and friends
> has changed between jit3 and jit1. The next stumbling stone is
> prologue_xxC, which does not exist in jit3 funcs.h. So before I blindly
> change prologue_xxC to prologue_xxx on mips (and possibly m68k, since it
> suffers from same symptoms on netbsd), I'd like to know what the
> difference in naming is supposed to mean ;)
>
> i.e. what is in the name suffix -xxx that xxC doesn;t have, etc. I
> couldn't find that documented, unfortunately.

I think that funcs.h is somewhat wrong since it directly
uses the names from the i386 backend (i.e. prologue_xxx).
IMHO it should use the different HAVE_* macros from the
jit3-icode.h to declare the functions (so it correctly
declares prologue_xxx on i386 but prologue_xxC on mipsel).
Furthermore, these declarations should be guarded by
#ifdef HAVE_foo ... #endif for optional things like
HAVE_mon_enter and HAVE_mon_exit.

Regards,
Helmer