[kaffe] Relicensing the Verifier, and Turning it On

Chris Gray chris.gray at kiffer.be
Sun Jul 11 14:20:00 PDT 2004

On Sunday 11 July 2004 19:49, Dalibor Topic wrote:

> Argh, lingustic typo confusion :) I meant to write verifier, but wrote
> interpreter. I should not debug & write e-mail at the same time :(

Ah, I see. Yes, the verifier does stand somewhat apart from the rest of the
VM; you can even shift part of it to an off-line preprocessor or to a
different CPU at runtime, and of course you can function pretty well without
having one at all. So the Classpath exception works pretty well.

--
Chris Gray                      /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi        http://www.kiffer.be/k/