[kaffe] swap and compare trouble on IRIX, mips

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Mon Jul 12 07:50:55 PDT 2004

Hello,

using the probably fake macro definition for STACK_POINTER described in
the other mail, my compilation goes further up to:

as: Error: /var/tmp/ccOBfx5b.s, line 600: malformed statement
      /* Inline compare & swap */
as: Error: /var/tmp/ccOBfx5b.s, line 612: malformed statement
      /* End compare & swap */
as: Error: /var/tmp/ccOBfx5b.s, line 1312: malformed statement
      /* Inline compare & swap */
as: Error: /var/tmp/ccOBfx5b.s, line 1324: malformed statement
      /* End compare & swap */
as: Error: /var/tmp/ccOBfx5b.s, line 1974: malformed statement
      /* Inline compare & swap */
as: Error: /var/tmp/ccOBfx5b.s, line 1986: malformed statement
      /* End compare & swap */
as: Error: /var/tmp/ccOBfx5b.s, line 2097: malformed statement
      /* Inline compare & swap */
as: Error: /var/tmp/ccOBfx5b.s, line 2109: malformed statement
      /* End compare & swap */
gmake[3]: *** [locks.lo] Error 1

nice, huh ? Did the cmp&swap definition for MIPS change ? last time it
worked fine....

also those tempfiles were erased when I tried to read them, so if really
needed I should attempt to make gcc save the asm output.

-Riccardo