[kaffe] BSD make incompatibilities (and irix)

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Mon Jul 12 08:01:01 PDT 2004

Hello,

using Helmer's improvments (but using the CVS version of course, not a
released tarball...) I get the following error when running make on BSD:

rm -f BUILD_ENVIRONMENT
mv BUILD_ENVIRONMENT.new BUILD_ENVIRONMENT
make: don't know how to make KAFFE_BUILD_TARGET. Stop

a make -d A showed so much stuff I coudln't find anything useful, if
someone wants I can report it...

on the other hand typing "make" on irix and so using irix's make, I get:

make: file `Makefile' line 978: Syntax error

Wow, how nice!

now the context is:
978 all-local: KAFFE_BUILD_TARGET = all
979 all-local: kaffe-build-order
980        cd kaffe/kaffe && $(MAKE) final-executable

I start to see some similarities here !

Cheers,

	Riccardo