[kaffe] STACK_POINTER for signals on IRIX, help!

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Mon Jul 12 07:47:45 PDT 2004

Hello,

I tried to define some macros missing in the irix md.h. Thanks to
guilhem pointing out to the use of sigcontext* I was able to define most

the problem remains for

STACK_POINTER(scp)

I found no clear presence of a stack pointer place! I temporarily tried
using

((scp)->sc_status)

being that element defined as

/* cp0 status register */

I don't have many alternatives, the other elements of the structure are
relative to the coprocessor, where I find a

sc_ssflags  /* signal stack state to restore */

or to the system coprocessor registers.

Digging inside the SGI IRIX headers I found clearly stated that
sigcontext * is NOT part of the ABI...

maybe IRIX doesn't have a stack pointer at all for this purpose ?! and
this macro is not needed/useful ?

In any case using this (most probably wrong) choice I was able to
compile much further up to ending with a new error I report separately.

-Riccardo