[kaffe] CVS kaffe (jserv): clickToFocus fix to MouseEvt & boundary check for PaintEvt

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Thu Jul 15 07:27:01 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 03:16:53PM +0200, Fabien Renaud wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Thanks for the patch but I still have the same problems. I惻l try with
> everything up-to-date but I don愒 think that will change something.

Hi Fabien,

  This patch doesn't tend to solve the problem you indicated, and
it would show up in my next patches, I think.

> BTW ,
> With WidgetsDemo, I still have the problem with the window creation
> (after some windows creation/destruction, I cannot create no more
> windows  unless I resize the window).

Following the log Qt AWT generated, we can find out:

QtAWT: [evt.cc:493]
QtAWT: processing Move Event SrcIdx=-1

QtAWT: [evt.cc:502]
QtAWT: processing Resize Event SrcIdx=-1

This resulted in ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

   at java.awt.ComponentEvt.getEvent (ComponentEvt.java:98)
   at java.awt.Toolkit.evtGetNextEvent (Toolkit.java)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.getNextEvent (EventQueue.java:174)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run (EventDispatchThread.java:34)

So that, I am hacking evt.cc and java.awt.event package. After talking
to Twiun, he gave me some useful hints, and it worked for me. But I am
not sure if my changes are correct to handle events.

> With the same prog, the transvirtual logo appears shifted down.
> Unfornately, I cannot take screenshots :(

This is a known issue. Thanks for noticing me for such a bug.

cheers,
Jim Huang