[kaffe] Building kaffe for ARM

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Jul 19 13:03:24 PDT 2004

Seshadri Rengarajan wrote:
> Hi,
>      I am trying to build kaffe for ARM processor. I
> am using the latest cross-compiler tool chain for ARM
> 3.3.2.
> I am encountering errors such as the following. For
> some reason object files are generated for ".c" files
> in kaffeh subdirectory. Link failed with a similar
> error message.

Hi,

Thanks for the bug report!

Try rebuilding in a clean directory from scratch, and pass
--host=arm-unknown-linux-gnu to configure (or whatever the triplet is
your compiler uses).

I assume that the configure script got confused since your arm cross
compiler is in your path as plain gcc. If your problems persist, please
put the config.log and a log of the build online somewhere.

> Is ARM version of kaffe already available to be
> downloaded? My x86 PC version runs comfortably.

If you are using a linux distribution on your arm device, you may find
prebuilt packages in that distribution for arm, though. In general, we
distribute just the sources on kaffe.org, and leave the actual packaging
to debian, gentoo, mandrake, handhelds.org and other distributors.