[kaffe] Swing/AWT merge from GNU Classpath done

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Jul 23 20:07:21 PDT 2004

Ito Kazumitsu wrote:
> Hi,

> :> * configure now tries to build all three awts by default. Xlib, Qt(e)
> :> and classpath's gtk awt. Classpath's GTK awt is the default, but you can
> :> switch kaffe to use another one by simply using an -X* option.
>
> So I had to explicitly add
>
>     --without-classpath-gtk-awt
>     --without-kaffe-qte-awt
>
> to get configure working.

yeah. If that turns out to be too much of a hassle, we can change the
native AWT code defaults. If we merge in Odonata eventually, we'd be
able to have a pure java awt from the ground up, so no native code would
be necessary ;)

> And make failed while compiling kaffe/kaffe/main.c:
>
>    main.c:389: `LIBDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Does this error have something to do with the big change in AWT?

Yes. I originally used binreloc to find the kaffeawt.jar. Now I use
DEFAULT_KAFFEHOME if binreloc is not available. So this one is fixed
now, too.