[kaffe] Re: config/i386/common.h vs md.h - Patch Attached

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Wed Jul 28 19:38:48 PDT 2004

Hi Michael,

>This is only for i386.  I noticed that the PowerPC also has only one.

Yes, ppc shares its 'sysdepCallMethod.h' between several os'es. But
if you once look into the code, there are so many 'ifdef' clauses.
And also, I am wondering how many os'es for ppc is now currently
supported. Maybe only linux and darwin are active. Are there any
active developers for aix/machten/netbsd1 (on ppc)?

>Why is m68k so different?

>From ABI's viewpoint, linux and netbsd are same. But they do different
packing for structure and so on, and some misterious behavior (at
least for me) of inlined sysdepCallMethod on netbsd makes it hard
to keep only one sysdepCallMethod. Much worse, amigaos uses its
own ABI. If Tony Wyatt is still on this list, he can add more comment
about that.

Kiyo