[kaffe] Kaffe 1.1.4 running in PowerPC

Tony Yat-Tung Cheung tony.cheung at asiayeah.com
Sat Jun 12 08:11:02 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have tested running Kaffe 1.1.4 in MontaVista Linux on a PowerPC platform.

So far, it works fine, but the performance is far from satisfactory. We
mainly test Kaffe running the Tomcat 4.1.27.

Looking at the README of the Kaffee 1.1.4, it mentions that Kaffe only
supports "Interpreter", but not "just-in-time" for the PowerPC platform.
Is this why the performance is rather slow? Is there any reason why
Kaffe cannot support "just-in-time" for the PowerPC platform?

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Tony Cheung