[kaffe] Kaffe as Installed JRE in Eclipse

Arnaud Vandyck arnaud.vandyck at ulg.ac.be
Sun Jun 20 15:52:01 PDT 2004

Michael Franz <developer.franz at verizon.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Kaffe as an installed JRE inside of Eclipse.  When I
> try to run a simple program I get this error.  Couldn't find or load
> essential class `java/lang/Object' java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
> java/lang/Object
>
> Has anyone tried this before?  Any success?  I am using Eclipse 3.0 RC2.

I'm still trying to build it! (linux/gtk/ppc)

But it seems it does not find rt.jar/Klasses.jar

--
Arnaud Vandyck

I'm personally quite happy with one stable release every two years, and
am of the opinion that trying to release more will mean we'll have to
rename the distro from "stable" to "wobbly".
		-- Scott James Remnant on debian-devel