[kaffe] Need help for porting RXTX on ARM

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Jun 21 03:28:02 PDT 2004

asutosh gopinath wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to port rxtx on ARM Xscale for using with kaffe. I need help in porting it. If anybody has tried this successfully/partially successful please help me.

Doesn't simply taking rxtx.jar and the native libraries compiled for
xscale work?

> If you have any idea to share in this regard even if you have not tried this please do so I will be grateful.

I've tried it a year ago, or so, but didn;t get too far, on i386. Given
that rxtx is part of classpath extensions now, I guess it should be much
easier to get to work.

> How much useful in the commapi which comes bundled with kaffe?

It useful for xompiling applicartions against it, I guess. I doubt it is
useful for running applciations, as it doesn't seem to have any native
parts.