[kaffe] Need help for porting RXTX on ARM

asutosh gopinath asutosh.gopinath at lycos.com
Mon Jun 21 05:26:02 PDT 2004

Hi,

A day ago I installed the jcl.jar which uses sun's comm.jar on my i686 linux and it worked with kaffe. Today i tried to use RXTX.jar (with gnu.io namespace)which does not require comm.jar. The compilation was okay but on execution it gives :

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/comm/CommDriver thrown while loading gnu.i
o.RXTXCommDriver
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/comm/CommDriver thrown while loading gnu.i
o.RXTXCommDriver

I have downloaded rxtx-2.1-7pre17-i686-pc-linux-gnu version from rxtx.com

It seems to be looking for comm.jar. I am in a fix whether i should try to build jcl version or rxtx version for my PXA255.

Cheers
Asutosh