[kaffe] NetBSD/m68k with jit

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Jun 22 09:12:10 PDT 2004

Konnichiwa Kiyo,

Kiyo Inaba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I reported this morning (JST), I made patches needed to make
> NetBSD/m68k work again. For the time being it can only used with
> gcc option '-O0', and with engine 'jit'. And even though it works
> with 'HelloWorldApp.class' by directly invoking kaffe-bin, I can
> not make the regression test work.

Thanks a lot for the patch and for reviving the NetBSD/m68k jitter! I've
just checked it in. That's going to be wonderful news for Riccardo, I think.

> But, I hope this is still much better than nothing...

Keep up the great work!

> Kiyo
> P.S. I made this patch against 1.1.5 tag because this is the base
>      for me to make this mod. Some minor patch mismatch may occur
>      if someone applies this to the CVS-head.

No problem, I've fixed that. I'll add a check for packed attribute in
gcc, and rewrite the code to use that a little bit later today.