[kaffe] Fw: (by jin_leon at 126.com)get a compact Kaffe VM suitable for embedded System

jin_leon jin_leon at 126.com
Wed Jun 30 00:35:17 PDT 2004

After compare among some JVMs ,we decide to port kaffe on our embedded System(Power  PC/Redhat Linux 9/Kaffe 1.1.4/QT Embedded/). The difficulty we meet is the size of the Kaffe VM.
After we compile and install the default version of Kaffe, the size is more than 8M,but our goal is to install a JVM about 4~5M,and the FAQ  documents also confused me a lot.
1.i make some effort as the FAQ.Embedded but the consequece couldn't satisfied me.
2.i found the kjc.jar is about 1M and i have no idea about what is that used for.
3.i use  sun javac to be the compile tools and i don't know how to compile the compact class library to replace the rt.jar.
4.i use the parameter --with-engine=intrp but failed,and i don't konw why.

i will  appreciate any help from you such as some useful links or advice e.g. and please reply me as soon as possible.

ps:i am sorry for my poor english.

best regards
Jin Leon