[kaffe] make use of gcjwebplugin

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Wed Jun 30 21:29:25 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 12:29:16AM +0800, jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw wrote:
>   The java part of gcjwebplugin[1] should work on Kaffe now.
>   Note: Kaffe's original xlib-based AWT backend is known to work, but
> the gtk-peer from java-gui-branch doesn't.

All right, the gtk-peer from java-gui-branch now works with FrozenBubble
on gcjwebplugin's standalone appletviewer on KaffeVM, and its screenshot
is like:

  http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/gcjwebplugin-kaffe-gtk-peer.png

You can compare it with Kaffe's xlib-based AWT implementation:

  http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/gcjwebplugin-kaffe.png

the gtk-peer from java-gui-branch seems to be a bit strange on screen
rendering, and both Kaffe's xlib-based AWT and gtk-peer from gui-branch
are poor at capture standalone "Shift" key event. I will take a look at
the issues.

Thanks for all GCJ / GNU Classpath hackers!

cheers,
Jim Huang