[kaffe] DateFormatTest regression

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at mandrakesoft.com
Tue Mar 2 08:19:02 PST 2004

Hi,

Now that we switched month to March, the DateFormatTest now fails:

[gb at no regression]$ $JAVA DateFormatTest
Same time zone
Dates don't match? Tue Mar 02 17:12:12 GMT+01:00 2004 != Tue Mar 02
18:12:12 GMT+01:00 2004
Different time zone

Interestingly, the following independent tricks make it pass:
- env TZ= $JAVA DateFormatTest
  (note that env | grep TZ yields nothing, so imho, that shouldn't matter)
- switch month back to February but that cannot be a solution ;-)

I think GregorianCalendar, or whatever fails to know 2004 was a leap year?
Sun Java works though, so I doubt it's an environment problem like glibc.
I am compiling 3.4.0 CVS gij, in case they have a fixed version.

Do people experienced the same problem?

Thanks,
Gwenole.