[kaffe] Re: Kaffe 1.1.4 on GNU/Linux PowerPC: 2 of 144 tests failed

Tony Wyatt wyattaw at optushome.com.au
Tue Mar 2 14:32:06 PST 2004

Hi Dalibor,

>>  The first failed test is TestSerialVersions. The behaviour is exactly
>> the same I obtain compiling to native code with GCJ or using the GCJ JVM
>> gij (either from bytecode generated by gcj or by the Kaffe compiler,
>> nothing seems to change).

On PPC Debian Linux, TestSerialVersions is the only test that fails (sob:
I'd love to see the "All tests passed" banner).

However, I get a number of Null Pointer, IO and other exceptions.

This is the 1.1.4 distro downloaded this morning (midnight GMT 2004-03-01).

> This was a bug in our and GNU Classpath Serialization code. It was fixed
> after 1.1.4 was released by Guilhem.

Has a patch been released?

(OT) I have made a slight change to test/regression/Makefile.in to make the
output a little more user-friendly.

The original version prints (while testing):
PASS/FAIL: xxxx.java

As a result of this patch, it prints:
xxxx.java . . . PASS/FAIL (3/4)

where 3 & 4 are the passes and total so far.

The main advantages of this change are that if the test falls over, you have a
record of which file it was. Before, the name was not printed out until the
test was completed. Also, you can see in a screenful of PASS-PASS-PASS, just
how far it has got in the test and how many failures you have had.

cheers