[kaffe] Re: Kaffe 1.1.4 on GNU/Linux PowerPC: 2 of 144 tests failed

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Mar 4 18:41:02 PST 2004

Hi Tony,

Tony Wyatt wrote:
> Hi Dalibor,

>>This was a bug in our and GNU Classpath Serialization code. It was fixed
>>after 1.1.4 was released by Guilhem.
>>

> Has a patch been released?

See http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2004-February/045304.html for
guilhem's patch.

> (OT) I have made a slight change to test/regression/Makefile.in to make the
> output a little more user-friendly.
>
> The original version prints (while testing):
> PASS/FAIL: xxxx.java
>
> As a result of this patch, it prints:
> xxxx.java . . . PASS/FAIL (3/4)
>
> where 3 & 4 are the passes and total so far.
>
> The main advantages of this change are that if the test falls over, you have a
> record of which file it was. Before, the name was not printed out until the
> test was completed. Also, you can see in a screenful of PASS-PASS-PASS, just
> how far it has got in the test and how many failures you have had.

Looks quite useful to me.

Unfortunately, the Makefile.in files are generated automatically by
automake, so patching them wouldn't be very useful, since the change
will be overwritten as soon as we run developers/autogen.sh again.

Instead, it would be nice if you could post the patch to the automake
mailing list [1], so that it can be integrated into the next version of
automake, and make the lives of all automake users a little better.

[1] automake at gnu.org