[kaffe] DateFormatTest regression

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Tue Mar 2 14:44:01 PST 2004

:> Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:

>> Now that we switched month to March, the DateFormatTest now fails:
>>
>> [gb at no regression]$ $JAVA DateFormatTest
>> Same time zone
>> Dates don't match? Tue Mar 02 17:12:12 GMT+01:00 2004 != Tue Mar 02
>> 18:12:12 GMT+01:00 2004
>> Different time zone

:> Yep, I;m getting that one too. I thought I made some mistake in the
:> verifier code merge, and went back for quite a while, but the error kept
:> reoccuring. I think the 'March did it!' assertion is true. Phew, so it
:> wasn't me after all :)
:>
:> I'll see if there are fixes in GNU Classpath, I haven't resynced for a week.

I do not experience this problem.

bash-2.05b$ date
Wed Mar  3 07:33:55 JST 2004
bash-2.05b$ java DateFormatTest
Same time zone
Different time zone
bash-2.05b$ env TZ=JST-9 java DateFormatTest
Same time zone
Different time zone
bash-2.05b$ env TZ=GMT+0 java DateFormatTest
Same time zone
Different time zone

As I see it, Kaffe's GregorianCalendar and Calendar are the
same as GNU Classpath's.

I am using Kaffe whose ChangeLog head is
2004-02-20  Ito Kazumitsu  <kaz at maczuka.gcd.org>
on FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE.