[kaffe] Latest dev release doesn't compile under cygwin

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Mar 4 16:09:03 PST 2004

Hello Andi,

Andi Reinbrecht wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Using gcc version 2.95.3-5 (cygwin special) doesn't compile.

Yep, I've been working on getting Kaffe to build on Cygwin again off and
on. It used to build as a static binary, but there are lots of warnings.
Currently it breaks because of some inline functions on headers. So the
first step would be to move the implementation of those functions to
respective c files, and then to proceed to clean up the warnings on
Cygwin. If you want to help out, join #kaffe on irc.freenode.org for
some a hands on tutorial if I'm around [1] ;).

> Please reply to mailto:areinbre at multichoice.co.za
>
> I am ACTUALLY looking for a mingw32 compile.  I noticed that you do NOT support mingw32, but I was thinking about compiling within cygwin using the --no-cygwin compile directive.
>
> How about a ming32 port?
>
> Will gladly maintain...

Cool, that's the spirit! There is a mingw32 port in the pocketlinux
tree. I can check it in, if you feel like playing with it in order to
get it to work.

[1] Central European afternoons, usually.