[kaffe] Problem in System.load("mylib")

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Mar 11 04:40:02 PST 2004

Hi Baris,

T. Baris Aktemur wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a shared library named libmylib.so, which is located in a directory included in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. My code dynamically loads this library with System.load("mylib"). It works without problem in Sun's VM, but Kaffe gives me the following error:
>

>>java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: libmylib: not found
>>Adding its directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH may help
>

> I'm sure that it's included in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (That's why it works with Sun's Hotspot). Do you have any idea why Kaffe fails loading it in?

If it's in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and still fails with kaffe 1.1.4, then
you'll have to fire up gdb and take a close look at what dlopen is
doing, and why it fails. The place to put your breakpoint on is
loadNativeLibrary2 in kaffe/kaffevm/external.c. See also FAQ.debugging
for more information on debugging kaffe.