[kaffe] Re: Java-Gnome: jni or cni

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Sat Mar 13 17:09:02 PST 2004

In <87k71ov8y5.fsf at merlin.maxx.bg> Momchil Velikov  wrote:
>   Bullshit, sorry.  The choice is already made -- to write a GNOME
> program.  It is unlikely an environement, which has GNOME to not have
> gcj.§

Hey hey... be calm.

Suppose I am on macos? I use GTK as a graphical frontend (I could choose
to do so for a porting matter) I would prefer the well tested and system-
integrated JVM from apple and sun over to some other VM. Or in any case,
I wouldn't force the end-user to choose!

if you think about porting, don't make assumptions. If you are strict,
then it maybe quite useless to even talk about JNI or CNI. Use C and GTK
and be happy.

-R