[kaffe] Re: Java-Gnome: jni or cni

Thomas Aeby aeby at graeff.com
Sun Mar 14 10:56:02 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 18:44, Mark Howard wrote:
> The big question is: should we switch to CNI?

Actually you already know the answer. Will you rename the "java-gnome"
project to "gcj-gnome"? If not, stay with JNI, if yes, do this step
with all consequences - you are talking about a library, then, which
will not be available to generic Java programs/developers. One will
then have to decide

  1) do I write a platform-independent Java program obeying Java
     standards and do not use gcj-gnome

or

  2) do I write a GCC-program in Java language and make use of
     gcj-gnome

(note the difference in writing a Java program and writing a program
in Java language)