[kaffe] ARM detection fix

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Mar 30 06:01:02 PST 2004

Hi Peter,

long time no read :)

Peter Naulls wrote:
> Believe it or not, there are other ARM processors in the world besides
> StrongARMs, so we shouldn't be looking at fixed architecture revisions
> (in most cases in any Unix code)

Thanks for the patch, I've checked it in. You may want to give
--enable-pxa a try to adapt SP_OFFSET to Xscale. :) I've also ripped out
some things in the CVS in config/arm and replaced them with code from
GNU libc (COMPARE_AND_EXCHANGE, mostly). I hope these work better for
you, too.

Is there going to be an arm-RISCOS port of 1.1.4? I've read the news on
the gcc 3.3.3 port on drobe, and hoped that someone would pick 1.1.4 (or
even 1.1.4+arm-CVS-changes) up and give it another go on RISC OS.